1. Do I need any prior experience in art or yoga in order to attend? No! This retreat is inclusive to all skill levels. There will be something for everyone to discover and enjoy.
2. What is the cost? Sign up before August 18th and enjoy a $51 early-bird discount. Full-price for the 3-day retreat is $450.
3. What is included? Skillfully guided activities as detailed on the schedule. Enjoy about six hours of yoga and meditation, and another six hours art instruction and experimentation. Meals are included.
4. What is not included? Accommodations are not included. There are great camping/lodging options available that will meet your budget and need. Here are some recommendations.
5. How to I get to the event location? Most of our time will be spent at the Jack Blesma Pavilion located at the Edward C. Grace Memorial Harbor in Elk Rapids, MI. There is ample parking on site. Travel information and map can be found here.
6. What should I bring? Upon registration you’ll receive an email with a packing checklist. For starters, plan on bringing your own yoga mat and an open mind!
7. What meals are included? Breakfast will be prepared by Brittany and Stephanie, and served buffet style at the Pavilion. Most other meals will be catered to the Pavilion by local restaurants. We will meet at (Location T.B.D) for Saturday’s dinner. Please note in your registration any dietary needs we hope to meet.
8. When should I arrive? Plan to arrive between 5-6pm on Friday, Sept 22 at the Pavilion in Elk Rapids. Brittany and Stephanie will be there to greet you. At 6:30p Stephanie will lead a casual stretch session to unwind after any long drives or travels. Dinner will be served at the Pavilion at 7pm, followed by a creative exploration led by Brittany to get your juices flowing.
9. When should I plan to leave? We’ll wrap up our time together by 1pm on Sunday. You are welcome to stay for lunch (included) before continuing on your journey.
10. Do I have to participate in all the activities? Nope. While we welcome you to join in for as much as you can, we understand if you’re not feeling up for a certain activity. We kindly ask you to inform us about your whereabouts, and will look forward to having you back for the next session.
11. What is the group size? We’ll cap the group at 25 participants. We’ll need a minimum group size of 8 to run the retreat.
12. What other attractions are nearby? Enjoy the quaint Village of Elk Rapids with shopping and dining. The trees will be amidst their prime in the area. Explore the many nature trails and snap a few photographs. The famous Torch Lake is within minutes. Traverse City is less than 30 minutes away, and the Sleeping Bear Dunes are a short hour’s drive.
13. What is your refund policy? You may receive a full refund within 7 days after signing up or by August 1st, whichever comes first. After August 1st, you may receive a 50% refund through September 7th. For event planning purposes, we will honor a $100 refund for last minute cancellations made on or after September 8th, 2017.